Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Communism memorabilia

I was 8 years old when the revolution happened here in Romania and the communism days came to an end.
I do still remember all that stuff that used to be so familiar in the days of the mighty republica- the glass fish on top of the TV, the milk bottles that we had to wait in line for, the Jules Verne books in every library, including mine (haven't read too many of them though), the bottle of ink, the basket used in the store ("in alimentara") and of course the "pionieri" - pioneers (meaning the young guys - the future of the country that had to learn the ways of the communism in order to be able to bring our country on the highest peaks of prosperity) symbols.
I had been a "pionier" for only a few days before it all went down to the drain. And i was just about to command 20 guys (more or less) in my classroom. Oh well, my dictatorship days ended before they began...








2 Comments:

Blogger acetrump said...

wow...i went back into time. lovely pics cristine. u must resembling like stalin's grand daughter..back then :-)

8:53 AM  
Blogger This is Dandu said...

I forgot to say - I did not take those pics. Haha, thanks viv for stopping by..agian :)

10:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home