Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Dacia Logan has arrived in Ghana

If you have read some of my Ghana posts you would probably know that here in Accra - the capital of Ghana - most of the cars on the streets are old (I don’t think I’ve seen a taxi which has a functional speedometer - and I do ride taxis quite often), made from parts, very polluting of course and look like they'd break into pieces at the next bump.

But fear not! Logan is coming! After the success of TICO (you can see a lot of them on the streets of Accra - grabbing aTico cab negotiates you a very good price/ride), from Romania here comes another box-office hit - Daaaaaaacia Logan at only 2.745.000 cedis/ month!!!
It is so strange to see this billboard promoting Dacia Logan near my house - hehehe - feels like home.

It makes sense though - the market here is an appropriate one for selling Logan - the new car you can afford - targeting probably high income Ghanaians. I would say the core target is male 28-35, in a management position or entrepreneur, newly married or married with small kids, believer in family values, but also that he is the head of the family and has to provide a good income which he makes by working long hours and weekends, proud to show off his new acquisition and happy to provide with technical details and the great deal that he made, as a rising successful business man that he is. Well, just flexing my advertising muscle a bit. So that's what I think on a late evening about Logan's target in Ghana. Any comments on this one? I would love to hear them.

Pictures of the billboard coming soon!

PS: I believe Tico was also produced in Poland and Turkmenistan or something like that - don't remember where I've seen that, but I did and I couldn't find it now.
PPS: Since Africans like bright colors - the color of the car in the ad is red. I don't remember seeing it red on our billboards when it first launched. I might be color blind or it's just that Romanians like grays a lot more than vivid colors. Hm.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger acetrump said...

seems u r having a whale of a time there cris :) gimme 5

6:52 AM  
Blogger This is Dandu said...

5! :-P

12:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home