Friday, February 29, 2008

Inspiration

I personally recognize it by glittery eyes and the urge to move my ass and do something.
There are a lot of things that inspire me, but I think mostly they are people who have courage and inspire others. It's not actually that often that I feel inspired and when I do, I don't think I take full advantage of it. That's when I'm supposed to act and do those stuff that I'm alway postponing and procrastinating about. I think inspiration is a chance and it is up to us to take it because on those rare ocasions that I did take it, I've done some amazing stuff. So it pays off to quit being lazy or scared and just go with that flow at least once in a while.

Talking of inspiration, I just want to share the things that inspired me today. One of the best places to find inspiration for me is Aljazeera. I feel they are presenting more than the news all the other similar TV stations are showing - they do stories, they cut the surface and show details to add substance and emotion to facts. I was watching today and two things got my attention and glittery eyes - Karim Rashid and the movie Captain Abu Raeed.

Karim is an industrial designer who has worked in this field for 25 years and has done some outstanding work. I feel in love with his vision of beautificating the world, something that I have always dreamed of myself. And Captain Abu Raeed is a Jordanian movie about a janitor who gives hope to a group of poor neighborhood kids by telling them fantastical stories of his imaginary pilot career. The director/ screenwriter Amin Matalqa and the lead actor - Nadim Sawalha were absolutely adorable and loved their vision as well.

So yup, that is about inspiration for now. Going out now to find some more! :)

PS: I know some people are waiting for new stories and pictures from Dubai. Don't have that many though, but some pictures will be up soon. Byeeee

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home