Thursday, October 12, 2006

Watching nature



Today we had no electricity - from 6am- 6pm. If I haven't mentioned, this happens for already 6 weeks, I believe. Apparently there is not enough water to produce enough energy for everyone. But this is another discussion. So they came up with this rotation system - every 3 days the lights are off for 12 hours - one day is from 6am-6pm and after 3 days it's from 6pm-6m and so on. Sometimes we get bonus blackouts - they are the real fun, not those announced ones. Phhhhhh :-)

Anyways, I wanted to say that today, while waiting for the lights to be back on, I spent some time watching the birds and bats from the summer hut out in the garden . I realized I like watching this intense life going on around me. It's a life only available if you pay attention and are probably not used to it already.

There are many different kinds of birds, some are more colorful then others, some are more noisy and some are eagles :-) - today I saw a big brown one flying above the garden. The butterflies are bigger and of many colors. The lizards are always doing their usual rounds on the walls and in the bushes. And in the evening the bats start flying from one tree to another - big ones, small ones, brown ones, black ones.
It is fascinating. At least for me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home