Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Another post bout food and eating







I've been meaning to post these pictures for a long time, but always something else came up.
These are pictures of my boss eating fu-fu with groundnut soup when we visited his village, a while ago.

I don't find them attractive, but he always seems to really enjoy his food - regardless of the mess. :) I tried it, but couldn’t really get used with this style of eating food or the food, for that matter. They always find it strange when I use both of my hands to eat fried chicken. The food here is only eaten with the right hand. Left is not used because it is said you wipe your ass with that one. I think they've invented toilet paper, water and soap since that custom appeared, but you know the thing about traditions - they're followed - even if not logical (which is usually the case) - because they give a sense of belonging to a culture. So I think.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home