Friday, December 15, 2006

Hand in hand


A major cultural difference I've noticed is that men hold hands like me and my boyfriend hold hands without any gay connotation - it's a symbol of friendship. Weeeeell...100% of the straight men in Romania wouldn't be caught dead holding hands in that way.
I have no idea about the sexual orientation of the men in the picture, but most of them hold hands like that or even touch like those other two without any romantic interest. How can I be sure you ask? I've observed and asked around about this strange to me habit. I'm pretty good at observing and asking - so that should do it. :-)
Of course there are gay people in Ghana also. One may think they’d be more difficult to spot (that’s if they “don’t wanna get out of the closet”), but it must be hard for them since this is a very Christian values based society. Anywayz - it's never easy I assume...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home