Tuesday, November 28, 2006

5 more things to tell Ghana apart

1. When I take I cab, I always have to negotiate the price first.
They don't have meters - it's too expensive. But I think this activity has helped me with my negotiation skills - especially getting over that moment when he really doesn't want to lower the price, but you know he's asking more than it's worth. So you hold tight to you offering and say "fufurobeba" - "another one will come" if all your arguments haven't convinced him. By the way, negotiation is a very creative process - for those of you who haven't figured that out by now. ;-)

2. Looks like I'm not the only child anymore - I have hundreds of brothers and sisters -"Hey sister!!" it's something I hear a lot. :-)

3. ... and all my brothers are all called Charlie. Yeah, Charlie’s a pretty famous guy, although nobody has met him so far. "Charlie how!" - That's a way to greet people and Charlie is the equivalent of friend.

4. Every management meeting starts with a prayer. Found it very strange at first - I'm not religious - used to it now, but it's still strange. I'm always amazed by the great faith everybody has in God.

5. When I go out at night, instead of perfume I use mosquito spray. Keeps men away also ;-D

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home