Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Back

Last post - a while ago. Meantime - priceless. I have to start of with the highlight of all this postless time - a wonderful present from the Harmattan - a cold, that is never just that here in Ghana.

As malaria has similar symptoms with a cold I had to go to the clinic - sat down, got weighted (Hmmm...what do you know? - I've lost some. Good), got a number and a file, then moved in another room, waited, got my temperature taken, waited some more, heard my number being called, moved in another room, waited few minutes, got into the doctor's cabinet, got my eyes and throat consulted with the light from his mobile phone, went to have some blood taken, waited again, got the results, talked to the doctor, went to the pharmacy to buy medicine and taraaaaaa - in about 4 hours I found peace of mind – “It might not be malaria - it didn't show in the blood, but it can be in the bone marrow or liver so you better take the medicine”. I feel this traineeship wouldn’t have been complete without the malaria fear.

Anywayz – before all this I went to the beach on Sunday – Fete Beach. The atmosphere was so charged with dust and some kind of winter feeling – my friends were saying it all looked like a winter day if there weren’t people dressed for summer running around. The beach time was all about chillin’ and watching the families all around us – some of them were so well portraying the perfect family image that my camera couldn’t be tamed.
In the evening we were all treated to some nice Lithuanian dishes thank to Dalia and her parents - worried she does not eat enough here (which she doesn't :P).
Then last weekend started with a “small small” trip to Akosombo where my company was delivering a training – that part of Ghana is so beautiful and clean. The coolest thing that happened in that trip was seeing baboons on the side of the road – they’re big and they were just standing there. Then few baboons of all ages crossed the street and I managed to snap a shot.
Rest of last weekend was hanging around in Osu, cooking and eating Romanian dinner – ahhhhh so yummy – mamaliga (the yellow stuff – it’s made of corn flour), cheese and sour cream, some sort of tochitura (meat balls) and papanasi (the Romanian traditional doughnut :-). Oh and palinca (traditional Romanian (very) alcoholic drink made of plums usually) which people didn't really appreciaed... :)

Gata. (I’m done)

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Hehehe, I totally agree with u Martin!!! Was laughing already when I was reading that sentence! :)

Kisses, Hugs and love,

Patrick.

9:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home